Simple vegan and gluten free pancakes
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
This easy pancake recipe needs just a few basic ingredients and is quick to make and it’s also vegan and gluten free! It’s quite difficult making waffles, pancakes and crepes without eggs, so I started with the easiest of the three, which are pancakes. Because they are smaller and thicker than crepes they are easier to flip without tearing, but of course they might be just a tiny bit harder to flip than traditional egg filled pancakes. Once they are rested for a couple of minutes they will get a little firmer. I spent a lot of time getting the right ration between banana, oat flour and plant milk. The sweetness of the pancakes might very depending on the bananas and how dark they were, I don’t like them to sweet, but feel free to add sugar or syrup to the batter. You could also make a big batch of pancakes and freeze them.
Banana Oat Pancakes
- 2 (8.1oz/230g ) bananas
- 160 g (5.6 oz) oat flour_
- 240 ml (8.5 floz) almond milk_ or other plant based milk
- 2 tsp baking powder_
- 1 pinch salt_
- oil e.g. coconut_ for frying
- maple syrup_ for serving
- Mash the bananas with a fork on a plate.
- Mix the banana together with the milk, flour and baking powder.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan.
- Pour the dough into the pan and form about 3 small pancakes.
- Fry the pancakes on medium heat and carefully flip them once brown.
- Move to a plate once they're done and fry the next ones.
- Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup or other syrup of choice.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can