I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
A crunchy mom, also known as a natural or holistic mom, is a term used to describe a mother who follows a lifestyle and parenting approach that is focused on natural, organic, and environmentally friendly practices. This can include using natural remedies, cloth diapers, breastfeeding, making homemade baby food, and avoiding synthetic chemicals and additives in personal care products and household items. Crunchy moms often prioritize the health and well-being of their families and the environment and may follow a certain philosophy or set of beliefs that guides their parenting decisions. The term “crunchy” is often used to describe this lifestyle and parenting approach because it implies a focus on natural, organic, and healthy practices, similar to the way that “crunchy” foods are perceived as being healthy and natural.
There is no one-size-fits-all list of things that all crunchy moms do, as everyone has their own unique parenting style and approaches to natural and holistic living. However, here are some common practices that crunchy moms may follow:
- Using natural remedies: Crunchy moms may prefer to use natural remedies, such as herbs and essential oils, to treat minor health issues rather than relying on over-the-counter or prescription medications.
- Cloth diapering: Many crunchy moms choose to use cloth diapers rather than disposable diapers, as cloth diapers are more environmentally friendly and can be more cost-effective over time.
- Breastfeeding: Many crunchy moms choose to breastfeed their babies as a natural and nutritious way to feed their infants.
- Making homemade baby food: Some crunchy moms make their own baby food rather than purchasing commercial products, as homemade baby food can be healthier and free of additives and preservatives.
- Avoiding synthetic chemicals and additives: Crunchy moms may avoid using products that contain synthetic chemicals and additives, such as artificial fragrances and dyes, in personal care products and household items.
- Using natural cleaning products: Crunchy moms may choose to use natural cleaning products, such as vinegar and baking soda, to clean their homes and avoid chemicals that could potentially harm their families or the environment.
- Gardening and growing their own food: Many crunchy moms enjoy gardening and growing their own fruits, vegetables, and herbs, as this allows them to have control over the quality and source of the food they consume.
- Using natural and non-toxic products: Crunchy moms may choose to use natural and non-toxic products, such as natural and organic skincare and makeup, to reduce their exposure to synthetic chemicals.
- Reducing waste and practicing sustainability: Crunchy moms may take steps to reduce their waste, such as using reusable shopping bags, water bottles, and food containers, and may also focus on sustainability in their daily lives.
- Participating in alternative education and learning: Crunchy moms may be interested in alternative education and learning methods, such as homeschooling, Montessori, or unschooling, and may prioritize hands-on, experiential learning for their children.
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can