Plain crispy chicken strips, Asian style, ideal with a veggie stir-fry or any other dish you like
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
These nice and simple fried chicken strips are super easy to make and can be used for any dish you like. Just simply cut the chicken breast in any shape you like and after just a basic seasoning they are rolled in starch which provides a thin coating which closes the pores of the chicken breast to keep all the juices in, which will prevent the chicken from getting too dry while frying. The starch will also make the outside of the chicken strips a little crispy, while the moisture stays inside.
The chicken strips can be added to a veggie stir-fry or fried rice or even added to a curry, the options are endless. Serve the chicken in an extra bowl, if you want to make your meal vegan or vegetarian friendly.
Plain and Simple Fried Chicken Strips
- 280 – 320 g (0.6 – 0.7 lb) chicken breast
- a pinch black pepper_ freshly ground
- ½ tsp salt_
- a splash vinegar_ or lemon juice
- 25 g (2.5 tbsp) potato starch_
- oil for frying_
- Cut the chicken breast in to strips.
- Add salt, pepper and vinegar and mix well.
- Pour the starch on top and roll the chicken strips in it to coat them completely.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, then add the chicken strips.
- Fry over medium heat, once brown flip them over.
- Once both sides are brown and crispy, move them to a plate lined with kitchen roll to soak up the extra oil.
- Serve with a veggie stir-fry or any other dish you like.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can