Hearty wholesome vegetable broth
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
Homemade vegetable broth is a great way to add nutrients to soups, stews, and other dishes. In general, homemade vegetable broth can be a good source of nutrients and can be a healthy and flavourful addition to soups, stews, and other dishes. Vegetable broth is a liquid that is made by simmering a variety of vegetables, herbs, and spices in water. It is typically made with a base of onions, carrots, and celery, and can also include a variety of other vegetables such as bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini. The vegetables are usually chopped into small pieces and then simmered in water for an extended period of time, typically at least an hour, to allow the flavours to infuse into the liquid. The broth is then strained to remove the solids, and the resulting liquid is used as a flavourful base for soups, stews, and other dishes. Vegetable broth is often used as a vegetarian or vegan alternative to chicken or beef broth, and it can also be used to add flavour to dishes that are cooked with water or other liquids.
Homemade Vegetable Broth
- Wash the vegetables, peel the onions and garlic.
- Chop the vegetable and and to a large Pot.
- Add in the parsley, black pepper and bay leaves.
- Fill up the pot with water, covering the vegetables.
- Bring to boil, then turn down the stove and simmer on low heat.
- After four hours, turn of the stove, then let the broth rest for a couple of hours.
- Strain through a cloth, fill into jars, then store in the fridge or freezer.
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can