Indulge in the creamy and comforting taste of Mushroom Risotto
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
Mushroom Risotto is a traditional Italian dish that has its origins in Northern Italy. The word “risotto” comes from the Italian word “riso,” which means rice. Risotto is a creamy and comforting dish that is made with Arborio rice, which is a short-grain rice known for its high starch content that gives risotto its characteristic creamy texture. The dish is typically made by cooking the rice in a flavorful broth and then adding various ingredients such as vegetables, meats, or seafood to create different variations of the dish. Mushroom Risotto is one of the most popular variations of risotto, and it has been enjoyed by Italians for centuries. The earthy and umami flavor of mushrooms perfectly complement the creamy and rich texture of the risotto, making it a beloved classic. This dish is a perfect showcase of the simplicity and elegance of Italian cuisine and it is enjoyed by many people around the world.
Mushroom Risotto. (gf)
- 2 tbsp oil olive, butter or ghee
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 225 g (8 oz) mushrooms
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar condimento bianco
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 180 g (1 cup) risotto rice arborio
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Slice the onions and mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the mushrooms in to thin slices.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the mushroom mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Condimento Bianco, then begin adding the broth, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly. Wait until each addition is absorbed before adding the next.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the rice is tender and the risotto is creamy, about 18-20 minutes. Add water as needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in some Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can