By far the most common food intolerances are gluten and dairy, apart from fructose, lactose and histamine, which are rather different types of food intolerances. It is possible to be intolerant to any food but by far the most probable would be one or more of the 14 most common food allergens. Also, foods high in FODMAPs have a higher probability of causing problems, such as mushrooms and beans, as they are naturally more difficult to digest. Maize, gluten free oats, coffee, chocolate and baker’s and brewer’s yeast (wine and beer) need to be considered as well. But keep in mind that any food with medicinal properties has also possible allergenicity, e.g. you could react to vanilla bean, cinnamon or fenugreek, it can take a while to identify all your food intolerances as there is only little info on food intolerances and you could be intolerant to anything, key is to listen to your body and connect the reaction to the causing food to be able to avoid it in the future and make your body healthier.
Here is a list of the 14 most common food allergens:
- gluten (wheat, spelt, rye, barley ect.)
- dairy (milk ect., can be used in wine)
- eggs (also can be used in wine)
- tree nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, brazil nuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, coconut ect.)
- molluscs (oysters, mussels ect.)
- crustaceans (crabs, prawns, lobsters ect.)
- sulphur dioxide and sulphites (used in conserved foods, also in wine and beer)
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can