This dairy free melted cheese alternative crisps up nicely under the grill and is great on pizza.
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
This vegan melted cheese crisps up nicely under a grill and is great for using as melted cheese on pizza, lasagna or topped on a slice of bread. I’ve tried many vegan cheese recipes before, most of them were terrible, so I adapted recipes and came up with my own version of a vegan cheese sauce, after trying different variations, I must say this is by far the best version. Don’t be fooled, you will never get an exact replica of dairy cheese, but this is the closest you’re gonna get.
Accuracy is also important otherwise the cheese could become thicker or more fluid, but it will get more fluid anyway after a few days in the fridge, nonetheless it will work great on pizza, fluid or thick.
Dairy free melted ‘cheese’ recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients except the shea butter (or oil) in a saucepan and stir with a whisk.
- Add the shea butter.
- Heat up the mixture on the stove over medium heat, whisk constantly.
- Once it's thickening remove from the stove, the mixture should be thick and stretchy, once in the fridge it can get a little more fluid after a few days.
- Use immediately or leave to cool, stir occasionally to avoid from forming a skin.
- Move to a container and store in the fridge.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can