Crispy homemade chicken nuggets, easy and quick to make.
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
This recipe is quicker than a classic chicken nuggets recipe as it uses less steps in the process. Instead of covering them in flour, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs, they are mixed with a marinade which already contains the flour, there is now egg wash they are simply dipped directly into the breadcrumbs. I came up with this recipe after experimenting a bit. Especially the buckwheat flour helps stick everything together, other flours might not get the same result. I had used yogurt for marinating before but not in this combination. As I first attempted the egg free version I tried to find a substitute for the egg wash, but there really is non, so first the breadcrumbs didn’t want to stick well after frying, I had almost given up on proper chicken nuggets, but then finally I had this idea to try it with a yogurt marinade and buckwheat flour, as it has one of the best binding properties of gluten free flours.
Easy Egg Free Chicken Nuggets.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips, then add to the marinade and mix well, leave the chicken to marinade for a few hours or continue immediately.
- Fill part of the breadcrumbs into a bowl or deep plate, add more as needed, don’t add too much as they will have to get tossed afterwards.
- Dip the chicken strips into the breadcrumbs one after another, cover well and put onto another plate.
- Fry them with oil in a pan over medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown. Cut in half the thickest one to make sure that it’s cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel, to soak up the extra oil.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can