Energy balls packed with protein, vitamins and minerals
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
These are great if you’re craving something sweet or just need some energy. These cookie dough bites are so much healthier than regular snacks. Did you know that cocoa contains a lot of protein, vitamins and minerals? Especially raw cocoa contains a lot of them. These are basically a protein bars with lots of vitamins and minerals.
They usually call them energy balls or bliss balls, but these are cookie dough bites. They are called that because they have some resemblance of chocolate chip cookie dough.
Most Cookie dough bites recipes use chocolate chips, but this one uses cocoa nibs, I use unsweetened ones, I like them not too sweet, but you can use whatever you like, you could even use chocolate chips instead.
Raw Nut Cookie Dough Bites with Cacao Nibs.
- First put the nuts and oats into a food processor and mix until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the dates and mix again.
- Add the ‘milk’, salt and the vanilla, if using, mix until it becomes a sticky dough. Add more ‘milk’ if necessary.
- Move the dough into a bowl, then add the cacao nibs and knead until evenly distributed.
- Take portions of high heaped teaspoons of dough and roll walnut sized balls with your hands.
- Put on a plate with space in between the balls and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After they firmed up you can put them into a bowl or container to store in the fridge.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can