100% whole grain flours, gluten free and vegan
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
Healthy super food grains combined to make some unique tasting tortillas, if the taste isn’t for you, you could try another recipe with different gluten free flours. There are so many gluten free flours out there, the possibilities are endless, only the flour water and oil ratio has to be adjusted to get the consistency just right. This recipe is a mixture of savory oat and nutty teff, one of many options for gluten free tortillas, when you want to use something other than corn. Ethiopian teff is an ancient gluten free grain, which has a very strong taste, if used on its own, is a super food which is slowly becoming more and more popular in modern healthy cooking.
Oat and Teff Flour Tortillas.
- Mix the flours and salt together, add the oil and boiling water, mix with a spoon.
- Then use a spatula to scrape the dough from the sides of the bowl and press against the rest of the dough, once cool enough form into a ball with your hands.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes or longer.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Press the balls with a tortilla press, make sure to use two sheets of parchment paper.
- Heat up a pan and bake the tortillas on medium high heat.
- Flip the tortilla once its brown. Make sure not to burn them, if they are browning too quickly, turn down the heat a little.
- Store the baked tortillas in a damp tea towel to keep them warm and soft.
- Serve with your favorite fillings.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can