Crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside, these oven baked sweet potato fries are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional fries.
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
Sweet potato fries are a popular snack and side dish made by cutting sweet potatoes into long, thin strips and frying them until they are crispy and golden brown. They are often served as an alternative to regular potato fries, and are known for their sweet, slightly nutty flavor and creamy, soft texture. Sweet potato fries can be cooked in a variety of ways, including baking, grilling, and deep-frying, and are often seasoned with spices such as paprika, cumin, and cinnamon for added flavor. They can be enjoyed on their own as a snack, or as a side dish with burgers, sandwiches, or other entrees.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic granules optional
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash the sweet potatoes and pat them dry.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, if desired.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and use a brush or your hands to evenly coat the slices.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then use a spatula to flip the slices over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can