Indulge in the creamy goodness of pumpkin soup all season long
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
- In a large pot, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, broth, water, and spices to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, working in batches if necessary.
- Return the soup to the pot and heat over low heat until warmed through. Stir in the cream or coconut milk, if using. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with a sprinkle of chopped herbs or a drizzle of cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can