Warm up with a bowl of comforting tomato soup
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
Tomato Soup (gf|vg)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes (including the juice), broth, tomato paste, sugar, basil, and oregano to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend it in batches, being careful not to fill the blender too full as hot liquids can expand and cause the blender to explode.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
Enjoying my Recipes and Posts?
If you want to support me you can