Crispy and fluffy sugar and gluten free vegan waffles
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps me to offer you free recipes and blog posts.
These gluten free, egg free waffles are crispy and delicious, when I make them with ghee they remind me of butter croissants. Waffles are challenge to make without gluten and eggs, so I’m really proud of having managed to create a recipe and be able to eat waffles again. Everything is possible! One day I want to create some delicious croissants, but I’m far from it still, it’s a long process of creating new recipes and retrying again and again, step by step one recipe at a time.
Banana Waffles with Oat and Arrowroot (gf|vg)
- 80 g (2.82 oz) rice flour
- 90 g (3.18 oz) oat flour
- 70 g (2.47 oz) arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch vanilla bean powder optional (or some vanilla extract)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp psyllium husk powder
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) plant milk oat or almond
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 50 ml (3.33 tbsp) oil plus more for greasing
- 2 (230 g/8.12 oz ) Bananas
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- Mash the bananas on a plate with a fork.
- Then add all the wet ingredients to the batter and mix until smooth.
- Turn on the waffle maker, once hot grease with some oil.
- Add a portion of the batter to the waffle maker, bake until golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Put the waffles on a cooling rack or plate.
- Serve with some powdered sugar on top or some syrup.
Enjoying my Recipes?
If you want to support me you can